TRAINING AND CONSULTANCY
Our whistleblowing training
Since 1993, we have worked with thousands of individuals and hundreds of organisations across all sectors who believe in and value open cultures where staff feel comfortable to speak up over wrongdoing.
The insight gained from our Advice Line work shapes the ‘real experience’ training we offer to individuals and teams, seeking to better understand whistleblowing practice, the legal framework and how to implement effective arrangements.
Upcoming Workshops and Masterclasses
Find out about our upcoming workshops and sector specific Masterclasses and reserve a place for yourself or your team.
How is our training facilitated?
During the Covid-19 pandemic, all of our Whistleblowing Masterclasses and workshops will be interactively delivered online.
Our In-House corporate training is also currently being facilitated online.
Better Regulators Webinar
On the 1 December 10:00am – 11:00am we are hosting an interactive online webinar to explore how bodies and organisations with regulatory and oversight function can stimulate effective whistleblowing through their actions.
Training for individuals
Also known as ‘Open Training’, our monthly Whistleblowing Masterclasses are designed to give a comprehensive understanding of what an effective whistleblowing set up in an organisation looks like and how to implement it.
What does the session cover?
- An overview of whistleblowing and why it is important, a review of the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998 (PIDA), including an overview of the most recent legislative changes
- How to know if your arrangements are working in practice
- Handling the whistleblower and the concern, which is delivered through interactive case studies and scenarios
Who should attend?
Those responsible for setting up or overseeing whistleblowing arrangements in their organisation: previous delegates include Heads of Internal Audit, HR and Legal.
To view the upcoming dates or to reserve a place, click here.
- Deepen your understanding of your role and responsibility as a Whistleblowing Champion in helping your organisation lead the way in developing robust whistleblowing arrangements and achieving a culture where staff feel able to raise concerns
- Review the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) rules and best practice regarding training, reporting and oversight
- Meet, share ideas and learn from your peers in other financial services organisations
What does the session cover?
- Challenges of the FCA rules and the Whistleblowing Champion role
- Embedding and evaluating best practice arrangements
- Relevant legislation
- Handling whistleblowing disclosures appropriately
- Anonymity, confidentiality and protecting the whistleblower
- Leadership and communications
- Overseeing arrangements, key considerations, transparency and accountability
Who should attend
Training and Consultancy for organisations
Also known as ‘In-house Training’, the session is developed based on your organisations’ specific requirements and delivered at your workplace or online. The session includes interactive exercises and group work.
What does the session typically cover?
- An overview of the whistleblowing legislation and what it really means in practice
- Practical guidance on how to develop, maintain and report on whistleblowing arrangements
- A workshop on handling concerns effectively through interactive case studies
Who should attend?
Usually the sessions are aimed at senior managers, directors and board members.
Please contact our Business Support team via email on call 0203 117 2528 for further details.
Flexible in design, our briefings can be aimed at board level or to raise awareness amongst your staff in promoting an open whistleblowing culture.
Designed to assess staff awareness and confidence, they can provide valuable insight into your organisation’s whistleblowing culture.
Surveys generally contain around 15 questions designed by us in consultation with you. We will host the survey, collate and analyse the results, and provide you a summary report with recommendations for improvement.
We will interview a number of your staff members, managers and those that have used your whistleblowing process.
Each interview is designed to understand staff awareness and confidence, gain insight into what support managers feel they need, and collect feedback from those that have used the process in the past.
Tailored recommendations on how to enhance your policy in line with best practice.
Ideal for training larger teams and complement our face-to-face training.
The e-learning content is designed in consultation with you to be both interactive and informative, and made ready to be added to your internal LMS.
Would like to find out more?
If you wish to to speak to somebody about the ways we can best support your organisation, we are just a phone call or an email away.