We would like to express our huge thanks to our Legal Support Network – made up of lawyers and barristers –who are helping us with case work for whistleblowers who have contacted us.
Our Advice Line is extremely busy and we are experiencing unprecedented record high call levels. Our Advisers are taking calls from all sectors but the biggest concern we are dealing with are concerns around furlough fraud.
In the last few weeks we have been able to refer pro bono case work to our Legal Support Network who have been helping with the following issues:
- Reviewing documents including applications to employment tribunals
- Advising on cases around ‘worker status’ – looking at whistleblowing protection for contractors and other unusual employee relationships
- Advising on merits of appeal to Employee Appeal Tribunal
- Advising on alternative types of claim other than employment tribunal – for example pursuing a claim via the High Court
- Advising on complex Non-Disclosure Agreements
Protect Legal Officer Hari Raithatha said, “We are extremely grateful to colleagues in our Legal Support Network for the invaluable support they have provided to whistleblowers during one of the busiest times our charity has ever experienced. The important role whistleblowing plays in keeping us all safe from harm has been highlighted during Covid-19.
“We hope that employers will listen-up when concerns are raised – but we’re grateful to the many lawyers and barristers who have kindly agreed to help.”
Protect’s Legal Support Network:
Daniel Stilitz QC of 11KBW
Mukhtiar Singh of Garden Court Chambers
Joseph England of 3PB
Chris Milsom of Cloisters Chambers
James Laddie QC of Matrix Chambers
Solicitors Paul Daniels at Keystone Law
Leigh Day Solicitors
Slater & Gordon Lawyers
Harrison Clark Rickerbys
We would like to welcome Nick Siddall QC, Ed Kemp, Ben Gray, James Wynne, Sophia Berry, Kieran Wilson and Jeremy Lewis of Littleton Chambers to Protect’s Pro Bono Legal Support Network.
If further law firms or Chambers wished to lend their support and advice during the Covid 19 crisis, Protect are co-ordinating pro bono work. Please contact email@example.com