COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER VACANCY
Do you want to work for a small, agile and ambitious charity to benefit the public interest?
Protect, the UK’s whistleblowing charity is looking for an enthusiastic, organised and creative Communications Officer to join our growing team. Passionate about all things digital and with great interpersonal skills, you will help us to build our profile and engagement with diverse stakeholders.
This is a varied and rewarding role working alongside our Policy and Communications, Marketing and Business Support teams to help raise our profile, both with whistleblowers and with the organisations. We are looking for someone who can increase our digital presence across our social media channels, help maintain our website, produce our newsletters, and support us in our delivery of both online and other events.
You will be:
- Managing and growing Protect’s social media presence: planning, drafting and posting updates on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Designing digital and print assets, such as reports, social media imagery, simple videos and campaign materials
- Supporting the production and design of Protect newsletters
- Ensuring Protect’s tone of voice and brand values are consistently adhered to in our social media output
- Making sure the website content is up to date and accessible across all devices
- Producing reports on social media performance
- Helping us promote our events across all channels
You will have:
- Good understanding of Twitter and LinkedIn metrics and growth strategies as well as experience in measuring success of social media initiatives
- Demonstrable experience in using design software (particularly Canva, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign would be a bonus)
- Experience using WordPress CMS and creating and updating website posts and pages based on design guidelines provided
- Knowledge of email marketing tools, such as Campaign Monitor and email automations
- Good understanding of GDPR practices
- Some experience in using Salesforce CRM would be a bonus
Salary £24,969 pro rata
Reports to: Head of Comms, with a dotted line to the Head of Marketing
Hours: Three or four days per week (22.5 – 30.5 hours per week). We are happy to talk flexible working.
Location: London, Bethnal Green (E2). Currently remote-working with an expectation that there will be a partial return to the office in the new year.
Start date As soon as possible
We especially encourage applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, as these groups are underrepresented among our staff.
We will be:
Collaborative, supportive and inspiring. You will be surrounded by colleagues who want you to succeed and are passionate about creating a better world for whistleblowers.
Benefits of working at Protect:
- Flexible and family-friendly role
- 30 days of annual leave (FTE)
- Pension with 4% employer contribution
- Sabbatical entitlement after five years’ service
- Cycle to work scheme
Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Protect is committed to principles of equality, diversity and inclusion. We value the diversity of our staff members, our callers and clients, and third parties with whom we work. We seek to create an environment where everyone feels included and valued for their unique characteristics, skills and abilities, as well as being supported in their needs and responsibilities.
- We are SUPPORTIVE: we support whistleblowers to raise concerns, and we support employers to establish effective whistleblowing arrangements
- We are INDEPENDENT: we are honest, trusted and impartial
- We are EXPERT: based on our experience over nearly 30 years, we explain the value of whistleblowing and we produce compelling evidence for policy changes
- We are COLLABORATIVE: we listen to and empower staff, we encourage diversity and working with others.
How to apply
Please email an up-to-date CV and a short cover letter/email setting out your interest in Protect, and the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8am on Monday 24 January 2022.
Interviews will be in the weeks of 31 January and 7 February 2022.