With over 30 million workers in the UK, speaking up or raising a concern in the workplace is crucially important to stop harm; to individuals, to organisations and to the wider public. Whistleblowing ultimately protects customers, staff, beneficiaries, and the organisation itself by identifying harm before it’s too late.
Protect is the UK’s whistleblowing charity and we are the leading experts in whistleblowing. We aim to stop harm by encouraging safe whistleblowing. We have advised around 45,000 people on our free, confidential advice line, trained thousands of managers, senior managers and board members and currently support hundreds of organisations to strengthen their internal whistleblowing or ‘speak up’ arrangements. We also campaign for better public policy and legal protection.
The Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in increased demand for Protect’s Advice service with 20 % more cases in 2020 than 2019. Each year we support around 3,000 whistleblowers to raise concerns, and to understand their legal rights.
With long serving Trustees reaching the end of their terms, Protect is now seeking up to three Trustees who bring a strategic insight in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience of being a whistleblower with an interest in using that experience to support others
- Charity fundraising experience
- Experience of championing /developing a whistleblowing function within an organisation
- Financial management experience
Protect is committed to achieving greater diversity in its board, and actively encourages Black people and People of Colour, disabled people and young people, who are currently under-represented at board level, to apply.
For more information...
For more information about Protect and to find out how to apply, please click here.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact either
Deadline for applications: Friday 26 February
Interviews with Protect: w/c 22nd March / w/c 29th March
Meetings are usually held in London, currently via video conference
Protect is the UK’s whistleblowing charity. At Protect, we think whistleblowing is a good thing, and we want more people to speak up to stop harm. For over 27 years we have championed the role whistleblowing can play in anticipating and avoiding serious risks that arise in and from the workplace.
- Our Advice Line provides free, confidential legal advice to over 3,500 whistleblowers a year
- We work with employers to instil best practice in their governance and whistleblowing arrangements and to help them identify and manage risk and promote the public interest
- We campaign for legal and policy changes to improve the rights of whistleblowers
For more information about our work, please visit the homepage of our website.